Get to know Theresa Santelli in this month’s installment of Pepper Talk!
Just a little background before we get started, Theresa works on creative strategy and operations. She’s been with Eleven Peppers for 6.5 years!
1. Do you have any nicknames? Tea, Aunt T, and Trees.
2. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? Make coffee.
3. What is your favorite part about working as the Director of Creative Services? I believe in what we do as a creative company and it’s exciting to be a part of it. Every day is different.
4. How did you get started in this industry? My high school had something called “Senior Project” where we went out on internships. I worked at a local cable station and caught the media bug which later turned into a multi-media design bug and was instrumental in figuring out what I wanted my concentrations to be in college. After college, a karate friend suggested I join Women in Film and Video which provides excellent networking and mentorship opportunities. And the rest, as they say, is history.
5. What are your favorite apps for organization or design? I am a firm believer in using all the Adobe tools in your workflow for what each is best at and making them work with each other. However, I LOVE After Effects and Illustrator the most when it comes to design. I’m just so happy when I’m in those. I’m also an organization and productivity junky. My favorites right now are Monday and Reminders.
6. What do you draw inspiration from? Interior design is a big one for me, nature, and fine art. As important as digital design is my brain needs a break from the screen sometimes. One of the designs I’m most proud of was very inspired by nature. And now that I don’t spend much time designing anymore, I find myself drawing inspiration from people. From my fellow peppers to our partners and clients. A conversation with someone or seeing how people approach things can be inspiring.
7. Rapid-Fire Round:
Caffeine or no:
Sweet or Savory:
Return of the Jedi
Favorite place to travel:
I can’t possibly choose. I love to travel!
Hiking, travel, food (both tasting and cooking), exploring and trying new things.