Calling all cleared Web Designers! We are looking to hire a cleared Web Designer for an awesome contract. If you’re a seasoned designer, send us your resume and portfolio (URLs preferred) to email@example.com.
*Government clearance is required! And the job is located in St. Louis.
If this sounds exciting, read on…
As a web designer, you ask yourself “How can I make this better?” You have a masterful knowledge of typography, navigation, and layout for the web. You love inspecting websites to see how you can make them better. Responsiveness is second nature. HTML and CSS is your jam. You see impossible design requests as a challenge, not as a wall.
You’re bright, passionate, and driven. You can work well with others and work efficiently when accomplishing independent tasks. You are a fantastic teammate and an even better employee.
- Translate ideas and concepts into professional, web-based products applying effective web development skills.
- Design and layout all reports, documents, and publications, and ensure they are easily transferred to and retrievable.
- Support unique initiatives for web page design, content organization, and special projects.
- Coordinate with technology teams to ensure specific requirements are met for website domain placement and overall content management utilizing tools and procedures.
- Demonstrate strong graphic design skills to improve design aspects of the client’s website, utilizing best practices and design principles that generate aesthetic graphics, easy use, and innovative styles.
- Works closely with the client to obtain reviews and approvals, including Public Release approvals for external web site details.
- Recommend and implement improvements to written submissions, format, navigation, design, etc., to produce a user-friendly, well organized, and modernized website appearance.
- Develop automated web-based tools.
- Manage information content: identify, coordinate, and delete outdated or obsolete information; include value-added news and/or features; maintain consistency throughout web pages.
- Coordinate with leadership as well as other offices/components to obtain and post supplemental information, links, etc.
- Maintain website records (e.g., history, authors, contributors, revision dates, etc.).
- Develop a web maintenance plan for maintaining the websites with current and accurate information at all times.
- Support unique initiatives for web page design, content organization, and special projects (e.g., surveys, reporting, etc.) that require technical fluency to generate databases, programs, and designs within system capabilities.
- Manage tasks by prioritizing workload and effectively interacting with a wide range of customers.
- Work closely with the web teams and web managers to ensure adherence to branding and process guidelines.
- Protect sites by designing and installing security precautions.
- Coordinate reviews and approvals to include approvals of external web site details for Public Release.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in web development, web technology, digital media, or similar.
- You have a keen sense of typography, layout, and color with a hunger for innovation.
- You have a record of interpreting and presenting programmatic data and concepts in a visually appealing and clear manner for web presentation.
- Your ability to design for multiple platforms and devices is second nature.
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to provide and receive constructive criticism, as well as the ability to articulate design concepts directly to clients.
- You know how to hit deadlines and get the job done.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and reference the position in the subject line. For design positions, a portfolio is required (URL preferred). We look forward to hearing from you!