Pepper Talk with Jaymie Hebb
In this month’s Pepper Talk, we’re getting to know Jaymie Hebb, one of our talented UX engineers who has been with us for 1.5 years.
1. Do you have any nicknames?
Jay, James, Wheels – well, not anymore, but when I was fast. Lol!
2. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
Do a quick mental review of who needs to be where when for the day.
3. What is your favorite thing about working as a UX engineer?
I love that I am both presented with and have the ability to create challenges to solve on the daily. It allows me to flex my creative side, yet use my analytical strengths as well.
4. How did you get started in this industry?
Well, my degree is in advertising, but the tale of what happened between graduation and where I am now is long, twisted, and best told over beer.
5. What are your favorite tools of the trade? What are the worst?
Axure is my go to for prototyping. It’s not perfect, but given our environment, it gets the job done. Confluence is not my friend, but a necessary evil.
6. Do you have a set process when beginning a new project?
I need to understand the why behind things. So I ask a ton of questions and try to uncover as many scenarios as possible, even if they’re outlandish.
7. What do you draw inspiration from?
Everything. I’m a people watcher and take in everything about my surroundings.
8. Rapid-Fire Round:
Caffeine or no: Yes but not coffee.
Sweet or savory: Savory
Favorite movie: Forrest Gump
Favorite place to travel: I can’t pick just one. I’ve been a lot of places and many hold special meaning for different reasons.
Hobbies: Coaching, crafting, softball, ministering to kids
9. Okay, admission time… If you could pick one design that you wish you had come up with first, what would it be?
Pinterest. The ease of organizing whims into categories for later reference satisfies my creative and organizational heart.
Thanks for meeting Jaymie. As always, stay tuned for next month’s Pepper Talk to meet another member of our team!