Pepper Talk with Scott Miller
In this month’s Pepper Talk, we’re getting to know Scott Miller. Just a little background before we get started, Scott is a Senior Designer and has been a Pepper for almost a year!
1. Do you have any nicknames?
2. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
Hit snooze a few times then force myself to get out of bed and into the kitchen to make tea.
3. What is your favorite thing about being a designer?
I get to learn about areas I find interesting – such as photography, color palettes, design history, textures, and layout.
4. How did you get started in this industry?
Lots of art classes and a lack of direction as a kid led me to design school.
5. What are your favorite tools of the trade? What is the worst?
I guess my favorite would be Photoshop and a Mac. My least favorite would be a PC and any Microsoft software.
6. Do you have a set process when beginning a new project?
A combination of questions, research, and sketching.
7. What do you draw inspiration from?
Behance, dribbble, Pinterest, Google, Paul Rand, and IBM are a few.
8. Rapid-Fire Round:
Caffeine or no: Yes
Sweet or savory: Milk chocolate, please!
Favorite movie: Depends on my mood. I rewatched “The Paper” recently, that was good.
Favorite place to travel: I’m a big fan of Mountains, preferably ones with a few lakes.
Hobbies: Not so much. Maybe the occasional welding or woodworking class.
9. Okay, admission time… If you could pick one design that you wish you had come up with first, what would it be?
I wish I could have played a role in developing the IBM smarter planet ads.
Thanks for meeting Scott. As always, stay tuned for next month’s Pepper Talk to meet another member of our team!