Pepper Talk with Rebecca Popka
We’re diving in deep to get to know Rebecca Popka for this month’s Pepper Talk!
Just a little background before we get started, Rebecca works as a Senior UX Designer supporting an application for the government. She’s been with Eleven Peppers for 6.5 years.
1. Do you have any nicknames?
Popka and Pop
2. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
Ugh, where’s the snooze button…just 5 more minutes
3. How would you describe your design style?
Detailed oriented with a holistic approach
4. How did you get started in this industry?
I started at Virginia Commonwealth University pursuing video and animation but quickly adapted to graphic design, and later on UX Design, after graduating. Opportunities for video and animation were few and far between as well as competitive because the popularity of CGI had just taken off.
5. What are your favorite tools of the trade? What are the worst?
Favorite: Pen and paper, a camera, and the Adobe Suite
6. What is your favorite thing about being a designer?
The creative freedom to express an idea
7. What do you draw inspiration from?
Imgur, games, Pinterest, YouTube…and a lot is also drawn out from my peers and family
8. Rapid-Fire Round:
Caffeine or no: Caffeine
Sweet or savory: Sweet…I have a big sweet tooth
Favorite movie: Two Weeks Notice
Favorite place to travel: Walt Disney World
Hobbies: Recently, rock painting with my son. Also, board games and MMOs, more specifically World of Warcraft…”For the Horde!”
9. Okay, admission time… If you could pick one design that you wish you had come up with first, what would it be?
Post-it Notes, super handy and great for creativity…how can you not use them
Thanks for meeting Rebecca. As always, stay tuned for next month’s Pepper Talk to meet another member of our team!