Pepper Talk With Rebecca Rice
Welcome back to Pepper Talk, this month we’re doing a deep dive with Rebecca Rice. Rebecca is a Senior User Experience Designer who has been with Eleven Peppers for almost 4 years! She’s a big proponent of sketchbooks and graphite pencils and in her spare time, Rebecca is a badass ice-hockey player ???? Want to know more about Rebecca? Read below:
1. Do you have any nicknames?
If there’s more than one Rebecca, they call me ‘Rice’.
2. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
I gauge the time of morning by how light the sky is.
3. How would you describe your design style?
Flowy and polished with a splash of Tito’s.
4. How did you get started in this industry?
3rd grade and Unicorns. Lots of unicorns.
5. What are your favorite tools of the trade? What are the worst?
My favorite would be a sketchbook, paper planner, and some graphite pencils. The worst is being confined to only using a computer mouse.
6: Do you have a set process when beginning a new project?
Ask as many questions as possible!
7. What do you draw inspiration from?
8. Rapid-Fire Round:
Caffeine or no: Decaff!
Sweet or savory: Sweet
Favorite movie: Happy Gilmore
Guilty Pleasure: Raiding Home Depot at 8:00 am on Saturday mornings.
Hobbies: Ice hockey, painting, pet rabbits.
9. Okay, admission time… If you could pick one design that you wish you had come up with first, what would it be?
I think Netflix as a whole (app design, interface, and business model) is pretty amazing. The concept that we can watch anything (anywhere) is pretty neat. I’m interested in seeing how far our need to ‘watch’ things will go. Maybe it will be more than just entertainment and venture into e-learning or something…
Thanks for meeting Rebecca. As always, stay tuned for next month’s Pepper Talk to meet another member of our team!